The Therapy Sessions
Tuesday, May 25, 2004
1. Which political party do you typically agree with?
Typically, I agree with the Republicans - smaller government, higher growth, strong foreign policy - but I truly believe that George Bush has been disaster for fiscal conservatives like me.
But whenever the Republicans are bad, the Democrats are worse.
2. Which political party do you typically vote for?
Republican, but I vote Libertarian when the election is a blowout.
3. List the last five presidents that you voted for?
Michael Dukakis (oops!), Bill Clinton, Nobody in 1996(I voted, but I couldn't bear to vote for any of the top three candidates for president), and George W. Bush.
4. Which party do you think is smarter about the economy?
Libertarian. The Democrats seem to always be baffled, and lately the Republicans seem to have joined them in a reverance for big government programs.
The real problem is that most people have a limited understanding of economics: the importance of trade, the limitations of government, and the foundation of economic growth.
5. Which party do you think is smarter about domestic affairs?
6. Do you think we should keep our troops in Iraq or pull them out?
I think the country must come to terms with the fact that we must stay.
This war is bigger than Bush, and it is bigger than Iraq.
This is the most important war we have fought since World War II, and we must win it.
What victory will look like (will Iraq be democratic?) I cannot say.
7. Who, or what country, do you think is most responsible for 9/11?
We are not dealing with states anymore.
9/11 was perpetrated by the international death cult know as Islamic Fundamentalism.
The stateless quality and the suicidal fanaticism with which they pursue their goals is why they are so dangerous. Throw nukes into the mix, and they could be fatal to society.
They are undeterable, and they cannot be ignored.
8. Do you think we will find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?
We found programs. That is significant.
As for the stockpiles, I believe that they were smuggled out of the country.
We will find them when they are used.
9. Yes or no, should the u.s. legalize marijuana?
Tax the hell out of it, and use the proceeds to pay for all these retiring baby boomers and all of the expensive programs they keep voting to themselves (while billing my children).
Maybe the baby boomers who steal money from others and spend the money on dumb programs to soothe their consciences will smoke a ton of that legal pot and die early deaths from lung cancer.
10. Do you think the Republicans stole the last presidental election?
No. The won fair and square, by the rules. But with an election that close, everyone always wonders if the rules themselves were fair to begin with.
I think they were.
11. Do you think Bill Clinton should have been impeached because of what he did with Monica Lewinski?
12. Do you think Hillary Clinton would make a good president?
Jesus God no.
13. Name a current Democrat who would make a great president:
Just being in that party taints you: you have to bow down before the trial lawyers, the unions and the minorities, and they end up calling a lot of the shots.
Try being a leader when you have to kiss Kweisi Mfume's ring.
Maybe Ed Rendell? For a Democrat, he's better than most.
14. Name a current Republican who would make a great president:
John McCain. But he has to can all that Campaign Finance Reform BS.
That is a waste of time.
15. Do you think that women should have the right to have an abortion?
Yes. But I hate the issue. There is simply no room for compromise or argument, so therefore it bores me.
16. What religion are you?
Christian, but not very good at at.
17. Have you read the Bible all the way through?
No, but I've read the New Testament.
The Old Testament is just a little too weird for me.
18. What's your favorite book?
William Manchester's American Caesar
Ken Kesey's One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Tom Wolfe's Bonfire Of The Vanities
Fyodor Dostoevsky's Crime And Punishment
19. Who is your favorite band?
Radiohead, Stones, Doves, South, Screaming at Motorists, Coldplay, The Promise Ring, Spoon, Sonic Youth....
20. Who do you think you'll vote for president in the next election?
No real choice.
21. What website did you see this on first?
Q and O